St. Peter’s School’s strong educational foundation is laid in the Early Childhood Division (ECD), where child-directed learning, imagination, and play are fostered. In these Preschool through Kindergarten years, students access the intellectual tools to solve their own problems and develop a love for learning through sensory, hands-on experiences.
Located on the first floor, our ECD space is designed to accommodate the needs of young children. Wiggins Field and the Old Pine Community Center gymnasium provide additional spaces and equipment for a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
HALLMARKS OF THE ECD EXPERIENCE AT SPS
- Consistent boundaries and clear expectations allow students to grow into kind, compassionate, and courageous human beings.
- Meaningful instruction focuses on the whole child, addressing social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs.
- Mindfulness, meditation, and yoga practices are incorporated daily.
- A safe, loving, team-oriented environment promotes risk-taking and learning from mistakes.
- Process is valued over product as teachers model how to think, rather than what to think. Continued personal growth is the measure of success.
For more information about the Early Childhood Division of St. Peter’s School, please contact Kate Seltzer, Director of Preschool – Second Grades: email@example.com.